Monday, February 23, 2009

Salsabration

USU is always buzzing with activity; I can't even count the number of times I have passed by the Taggart Student Center (TSC) ballroom or international lounge and there is a dinner, showcase, dance, or a combination of the three.
My favorite event of the fall is Salsabration-yes it's spelled right, it's like a celebration plus a bit of salsa flavor; the result us a night full of Latin culture, food, and fun. The Latino Student Union puts in a lot of effort to make this night in October one to remember. During dinner, which showcases a dish from various Latin American countries, students perform dances and other talents. This year, at the end of the night, my partner and I performed last and initiated the dance that lasted well into the night with more than a hundred people on the dance floor.

No comments: